Sunday, February 24, 2008

Write What You Know

We have all heard it - Write What You Know. Unfortunately, many writers bury themselves behind their computer and are out of touch with the real world.

Don't believe me? When was the last time you read a contemporary romance where the hero had his own exercise equipment in his home? But, a large population of men (and women) do own their own home gym equipment.

What is more important is learning the modern terms. Today's elliptical is far more advanced than the old 'home gyms' or the cheap imitations sold at 4am through infomercials.

These pieces of equipment are necessary in many people's lives. I use to have a gym membership - then I moved. Now, I don't have time. I need to exercise at home, for my figure, for my health. All writers need to keep in shape to avoid depression, and health problems.

No comments: