Sunday, April 13, 2008

Life of a Writer

I've been doing a lot of writing lately about the life of a writer. I've been writing 'shorts' lately -mainly because I know they will sell and I've kinda over stretched my credit. I'm not really worried - winter is usually slow.

I wrote an article on my website about the writer's life and how surreal it can be some days. I vacuum the rug. Help with homework. Buy flax seed for heart health biscuits. Hunt for the best acne treatment for my son. Feed the dog.

A few hours later I am writing a story in the dark upper corner of my house that would cause a psychologist serious concerns.

Next morning I am using my son's acnexus on my face and moisturizer on my elbows. Pay some bills. And enter the 'other world.' Some days I stop and wonder 'which one is the real me?'

No comments: