Thursday, April 3, 2008

Do Not Buy Directory Links for Your Blog

Buying links in directories, for a few pennies may seem like a good bargain. You’ll get more traffic, but at what cost? September 2008, when Google decided that buying links was illegal, webmasters were in a rage. Blogs were dropping from PR4 to PR0 over night.

The only blog I had that dropped was a PR3, it went down to PR0 – and has never started to climb up. I looked at all 30 blogs I manage, and the only thing that made this blog stand out was that I had bought $500 worth of directory links.
This has made me afraid of listing in the directories – just in-case Google sees the website as ‘suspect’ and drops the PR. It is very frustrating. Google has made it almost impossible to follow their rules.

It is making me so frustrated with Google that I am starting to favor RealRank, at least they are honest about their algorithms.

No comments: